OFYC in Action
OFYC in Action is our periodic email newsletter where we highlight some of the exciting activities and action opportunities that OFYC members have taken part in recently. We hope these updates will help you understand how our members take action and all the different ways they are impacting Oregon’s foster care system. Interested in getting OFYC in Action delivered directly to your inbox every few months? Click here to sign up.
Past Issues of OFYC in Action:
- May 2020: OFYC COVID-19 Responses,OFYC’s Advisory Committee, How you can help (Federally), and more
- February 2020: OFYC Member selected for national fellowship, Family First Implementation, New Caseworker Training, and more
- September 2019: OFYC is invited to the Governor’s Oversight Board, the Fate of our Bill, SB745, and more
- March 2019: OFYC Members Advocate for their Bill, SB745! 2019 OFYC Advocacy Convening, FYA Board of Director’s Meeting, Foster Care Summit, OFYC Member Attends National Leadership Workgroup, and more
- December 2018: 2019 Legislative Concept, Leaders for Change, OFYC Awarded for Exemplary Youth Organizing, Social Impact Lab, and more
- November 2018: OFYC Inspires Leaders for Child Welfare Change, Foster Youth Take the State at Governor’s Debate, Family First Implementation, and more
- August 2018: OFYC’s 10-Year Anniversary, 2018 Policy Recommendations, Solutions PDX, CAPTA Citizen Review Panels, and more
- May 2018: OFYC Advisory Committee, Child Welfare Director Marilyn Jones, Youth Voice Focus Groups, DHS Community Forums, Foster Care Ombudsman Advisory Group, and more
Oregon Foster Youth Connection is a program of Children First for Oregon.
Learn more at www.cffo.org
HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Your gift to OFYC empowers current and former foster youth to improve their own lives and the lives of thousands of kids living in Oregon’s foster care system.