Become a Youth or
Young Adult Member
If you are a current or former foster youth between the ages of 14 and 25, you can apply to become a member of OFYC!
What do our members do?
- Form recommendations to improve foster care
- Educate professionals and the public about foster care issues
- Advocate for policy change in the Oregon Legislature
- Build community with other current and former foster youth
- Cultivate leadership and public speaking skills
- Participate in child welfare advisory meetings
- Network with state and national organizations working to improve foster care
Become an Adult Supporter
Request an OFYC Youth Speaker
When OFYC members share their expertise, leaders listen. Our members are trained to strategically share their experiences in foster care and participate in a wide range of events and speaking engagements, including legislative events, grassroots child welfare movements, and training for foster parents, child welfare workers, CASAs, family law attorneys, and mental health practitioners. If your event or project would benefit from the unique perspective of youth who have lived in care, request an OFYC youth speaker today!
Oregon Foster Youth Connection is a program of Our Children Oregon.
Learn more at www.ourchildrenoregon.org
HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Your gift to OFYC empowers current and former foster youth to improve their own lives and the lives of thousands of kids living in Oregon’s foster care system.